Welcome Back To The New Look Freeman Movement Forums

Smoking in your car - the law

When you register your car are you aware that you are giving it away? Moreover, do you know the difference between travelling and driving? Then there is the road traffic acts. So, discuss all the injustices to do with travel and cars etc.
houran1936
Enslaved but eyes opening

Re: Smoking in your car - the law

Post by houran1936 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:28 am

Jed wrote:Smoking in your car - the law

This applies to Conveyancing Camdenand Wales but may affect other countries with similar laws.

From the first of October 2015 in the UK it is illegal to smoke in a vehicle (this includes cars) where an under 18 sits.
This does not just apply to the driver of the vehicle.
It could be that your passenger is smoking but you have an under 18 sitting in the back.
In that scenario both the driver and the smoker could be fined up to £50.00 each.
So you can see it is in your interest not to allow your passenger smoke if you have children in the back!

The law states that you can smoke in a convertible car as long as the car is not enclosed at the time.
Also, because 17 year olds can smoke and own a car, the law does not apply to them!

Now then, you may be a smoker but you can't smoke in your own car with your 17 year old son or daughter inside. However, your 17 year old son or daughter can smoke away to their hearts content in your car.
The law is quite clear on this.
So, your 17 year old son or daughter can smoke in your car but you can't.

When these people make up these statutes in order to gain revenue for themselves, I don't think they look at every detail.

i am suggest for you don't smoking in car and any other place and countreis because he is very dangers of human body and i suggest don't smoking.

Milkman
Almost Free
Almost Free

Post by Milkman » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:52 am

Agreed!

houran1936

Post by houran1936 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:13 am

houran1936 wrote:
Jed wrote:Smoking in your car - the law

This applies to Conveyancing Camdenand Wales but may affect other countries with similar laws.

From the first of October 2015 in the UK it is illegal to smoke in a vehicle (this includes cars) where an under 18 sits.
This does not just apply to the driver of the vehicle.
It could be that your passenger is smoking but you have an under 18 sitting in the back.
In that scenario both the driver and the smoker could be fined up to £50.00 each.
So you can see it is in your interest not to allow your passenger smoke if you have children in the back!

The law states that you can smoke in a convertible car as long as the car is not enclosed at the time.
Also, because 17 year olds can smoke and own a car, the law does not apply to them!

Now then, you may be a smoker but you can't smoke in your own car with your 17 year old son or daughter inside. However, your 17 year old son or daughter can smoke away to their hearts content in your car.
The law is quite clear on this.
So, your 17 year old son or daughter can smoke in your car but you can't.

When these people make up these statutes in order to gain revenue for themselves, I don't think they look at every detail.

i suggest for you don't smoking in car and any other place and countreis because he is very dangers of human body and please don't smoking.

Crab
Released
Released

Post by Crab » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:18 am

For a long time now new cars don't come equipped with a cigarette lighter or ash tray.
The cigarette lighter socket is nearly always there but you need to buy the lighters separate - the pound shops do them.
The ash trays seem to be there as well in some cars but the trays are not metal but plastic :rolling:
I have never allowed anyone to smoke in my car.
I don't allow people to eat or drink in there too.

Wax
Released
Released

Post by Wax » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:30 pm

I read this thread a while back before joining up and though how the law is a complete ass.